To host company files over the network, users need to have QuickBooks Database Server Manager installed on their computer. Any problem with the functioning of the server manager leads to QBDBMgrn not running on this computer error. When the error encounters, the user gets a message on the screen displaying, “Windows Firewall: Disabled exceptions not defined.” The error occurs due to the corrupt installation of QuickBooks Database Server Manager. In this advisory blog, we will discuss what causes QuickBooks Database Server Manager won’t start error and how to get rid of it.
Troubled because of the QBDBMgrn not running on this computer issue? Don’t worry. Call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Major triggers of QuickBooks Database Server Manager won’t start error
The reasons behind this server manager error are as follows:
- Presence of damaged or corrupted QuickBooks configuration files.
- Windows Firewall program installed on the computer creating an obstruction for QuickBooks.
- There might be some connectivity issue between QuickBooks and the server manager.
You may read also : QuickBooks Running Slow
Most Reliable Solutions to Fix QBDBMgrn keeps stopping error
Solution 1. Resolve the Database Server Manager error by repairing QuickBooks
- On your keyboard, hit the Windows and R keys jointly to open the Run window.
- Wait till the Run box opens, write ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the run box, and click OK.
- Select the QuickBooks version you use from the list of installed programs, and click Uninstall/Change.
- Choose Continue, then Next, and click Repair.
- Once the repair finishes and then click the Finish button.
Solution 2. Download the latest release of your Windows and then install it
- Tap the Windows and R keys jointly on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Within the Run prompt box, write Control firewall.cpl and hit the Enter key.
- Click the Update Now button if Windows updates are available and choose the Use recommended settings option.
- Complete the installation process and then restart your PC.
Solution 3. From the tool hub, run QB File Doctor to rectify issues related to Database Server Manager
- make sure no company file is open when you quit QuickBooks Desktop, and then open your web
- browser to download the setup file of the newly released QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
- Double-click to open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, and follow the steps that prompt on the screen.
- Click to mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to your Windows desktop, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon and select the Company File Issues tab.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor and select your company file by scrolling the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Check your file option, click Continue and enter login details when asked.
- Click Next and wait till the scan completes and open QuickBooks.
We hope you are able to resolve QBDBMgrn not running on this computer error after implementing the solutions discussed above. If you feel any difficulty or the problem doesn’t fix, connect with the QuickBooks support team for help by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1723