Before you get started with the Canon printer setup, visit ij.start.canon to download the full driver & software package. If you require the setup instructions for a particular printer series, the website will offer you a complete guide. We have gathered the step-by-step guidelines, as available at ij.start.canon, to connect your iOS or Android devices with a Canon printer. Get started without further ado.
How to Setup a WPS Connection on a Canon Printer?
Firstly, make sure that your router has a WPS button, and then follow up with the following steps.
- Tap the power button and power up your printer.
- Next, tap the WPS button and switch on your Wi-Fi router.
- Then, on the Control Panel of your printer, click on Home.
- After that, press and hold the Wi-Fi button for a few seconds.
- Now, you have to choose LAN Wireless Set Up.
- Thereafter, you are required to click the OK button.
- Next, the printer will start detecting a wireless network’s access point.
- Here, on your router settings, select a Wi-Fi network.
- Press the Wi-Fi access point, and it will request a passphrase or WPA key.
- If asked, you need to enter the Wi-Fi password.
- After that, click the OK button.
- The process will take a few moments to complete.
- The Canon printer and router will show connected now.
- Now, the Wi-Fi and power light will stop blinking.
- When the wireless connection is complete, the light will stay put.
- To start printing, go to ij.start.canon and download a printer driver.
How to Manually Set Up a Canon Wireless Printer via Ij.start.canon?
In order to set up a Canon Wireless Printer Manually, get the instructions below.
- First, download the Canon printer driver from ij.start.canon.
- Then, you need to tap on the Setup button.
- Next, you need to choose the Wi-Fi setup.
- After that, click the OK option.
- Now, you have to select the Manual Connect option.
- On the next screen, click the OK button.
- In the next step, press the OK option.
- Then, you have to enter the password.
- Thereafter, you need to press and hold the OK button.
- Select the Yes button and click the OK option.
- On the next screen, tap on the OK button.
- Click on Copy, and the ij.start.canon network setup is finished.
How to Print from an iOS Device on Canon Printer?
The process of setting up a Canon printer for wireless printing from an iPhone is easy. For iPhone and other smartphones, Canon offers an app with additional features at ij.start.canon Through the app, you can provide detailed print settings. Here is how to print from an iPhone:
- In the first step, connect the iPhone with a network.
- After that, open iTunes or ij start canon and locate the Canon app.
- Then, press the Get option and install the app.
- Now, open the document and image you want to send to the printer.
- Next, tap the Print button on the next screen.
- After that, your screen will display the print preview.
- Then, you have to provide the print settings as you require.
- Now, on the print preview section, click the Printer option.
- Thereafter, a list of printers will display on the screen.
- If you want, you can also look for the printer name manually.
- In the end, you need to press the Print button.
Get the Canon wireless printer setup instructions from ij.start.canon.
How To Connect Your Canon Printer To a Computer (Using a USB Cable)?
A USB cable is the first method to detect a connection between your Canon printer and PC or laptop. It’s an easy method for which you can follow the instructions below:
- First of all, turn off your Canon printer.
- Then, connect a USB cable to your Canon printer and laptop/PC.
- After that, restart your Canon printer.
- Now, tap on the Start button.
- From the Start menu, go to the Control Panel option and tap on it.
- Go to “Hardware & Sound” and “Devices & Printers.”
- Then, click on ‘Add a Printer’ and select ‘Local Printer.’
- Now, select your Canon printer port to be used to make a connection.
- Locate your Canon printer in the listed options, and tap on your Canon model name.
- You’ve the opportunity to change your printer name if you want.
- Decide whether your Canon printer will be a default printer.
- If you need to connect your Canon printer via an Ethernet network, you can learn from “ij.start.canon.”
Also Read : Who Is Rick Simpson & What Is Rick Simpson Oil?