The most common errors found in the QuickBooks is linked to the company file. It is the company file where most of the application operations are performed. Therefore, errors linked to company data hampers the working of complete application. In this blog we will be discussing the QuickBooks Error 6000 82 of the desktop version. QuickBooks Desktop it displays “QuickBooks is Unable to Open this Company File Error Codes: (-6000 82)”. Follow through the complete article to know about the reasons and eventually the steps to get rid of this error.
To Seek Direct Help from Certified QuickBooks Desktop ProAdvisors Resolving QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 82 Call Toll Free 1.855.738.2784.
Error message linked to QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 82
Follow through the complete article QuickBooks Error codes 6000 82 usually pops up when the user is using the application in the multi-user mode and QB cannot establish a proper connection to access the company file on the network server. The error message that occurs on the screen displays “QuickBooks Error 6000 82 of the desktop version QuickBooks is unable to open the company file. It may have been opened by another user. You should ask that user to switch to multi-user mode so that you can utilize the business file simultaneously. This file could also be located in a read-only network folder due to which QuickBooks displaying error code 6000 82.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Encountered a Problem Attempting to Backup
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6000 82?
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks Refresher Tool
- With the help of the link here, download the QuickBooks File Refresher Tool.
- In the download folder of your computer, double-click on exefile.
- Close QuickBooks and any other open window.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to refresh the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- It might take up to a minute for the tool to refresh QuickBooks.
- Let QuickBooks Refresher complete the process of repairing common faults in QuickBooks. Try reopening the application and accessing the company file, to see if error is resolved.
Solution 2: Rename the .ND and .TLG files of QuickBooks
- Open the Windows File Manager and click on QuickBooks Installation Directory.
- QuickBooks Desktop is installed in the location C: \ Users\ Public\ Public Documents\Intuit\ QuickBooks\
- Locate the files with the same name as your company file but with .ND and .TLG extension.
- Right click each file and select Rename.
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name.
- Open QuickBooks and try to open the company file now.
The article described above has been tested to solve the QB error 6000 and 82 when trying to open the company file, but in case the error persists call the QuickBooks Support number at 1.855.738.2784 The error is related to issue with the company file and any delay to get the error resolve can harm the data. Many a times when corruptions increase the data can be wiped off. Hence, if you are not able to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 82 while opening the company file, contact the ProAdvisors of QuickBooks.
You may also read this blog: Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6129 with these Easy Methods