QuickBooks is a powerful accounting application. But, due to some technical glitches, users face QuickBooks running slow issue. It is one of the best software used by millions of users for accounting activities. The large database and large size of the company file are major reasons behind QuickBooks’ performance issues. As the size of the QuickBooks data file increases, the software’s performance decreases. The good thing is we can resolve the error by downloading the latest update of QuickBooks. Read the complete blog to know more about QuickBooks Desktop running slow issue.
Got stuck with QuickBooks running slow issue? Call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get immediate troubleshooting assistance from the certified QuickBooks professionals
Main triggers of QuickBooks Desktop running slow issue
Down below are the major factors that affect QuickBooks performance:
- Your PC does not fulfill minimum system requirements.
- There is not sufficient space in the system’s hard drive.
- Windows operating system is damaged and corrupted.
- The QBWUSER.ini file is missing from the QuickBooks folder or is damaged.
- The data in the QuickBooks company file is damaged.
You may read also : QuickBooks Search Not Working
Tested Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Performance Issues
Solution 1. Download and install the latest update of the QuickBooks application
- Close data files, quit the QuickBooks Desktop application, and select the Windows Start menu.
- Go through the list of programs, find QuickBooks, and right-click the icon.
- Select the Run as administrator option and wait till the No Company Open screen appears.
- Choose the Help menu, and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
Select the Options menu, click Mark All, and then the Save button.
- Choose the Update Now tab and mark the Reset Update checkbox and click Get Updates to download the update.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, install the update, and then restart your workstation.
Solution 2. From the QB Tool Hub, make use of the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Close all open company files before you exit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Open your web browser, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file of the latest version and save it to an easily accessible location on your computer.
- Locate the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, open it and follow the on-screen instructions to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- To finish the installation, select the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox, then click Finish.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your desktop to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the Installation Issues tab.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and let it run to resolve installation issues.
- When the Install Diagnostic Tool finishes, close the window and restart your computer.
Solution 3. From the QB Tool Hub, make use of the QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool
- Reopen the QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose Program Problems.
- Click QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool and let it run to resolve program issues.
- When Program Diagnostic Tool finishes, restart your computer and open QuickBooks.
By following the solutions discussed above, you will be able to resolve QuickBooks running slow issue. If in case, the problem doesn’t fix, give a call on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals.
You may read also : QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer