Even in air pollution, these 3 breathing exercises will keep the lungs healthy
Many people try to stay fit by walking or running. This method of staying fit is common and very effective. People who do not want to go to the gym to lift heavy weights or do home workouts, keep fit by running, walking, or outdoor cycling. Apart from physical activity, he breathes fresh air while running or walking, it is also beneficial for the body in many ways. But as winter progresses, the problem of smog/air pollution is increasing in some parts of the country. Smog and fog are a mixture of toxic gases like sulfur dioxide, benzene, etc. Due to these, the air quality index increases and the air becomes poisonous. Smog can be more dangerous in low temperatures in the early morning. On exit, it can directly damage the Heart, Lungs, Respiratory System, Liver, etc. In the midst of smog i.e. toxic smoke, people avoid going out for exercise in the morning, so that their health is not affected negatively. Through Yoga Teacher Training in Bali, you can learn yoga and get complete information about yoga. In such a situation, it is important that you do breathing exercises to keep the heart and lungs healthy. Cardio exercise is considered good for the heart and lungs. In this article, apart from cardio, you will also learn about some breathing exercises that you can do at home.
1. Bhastrika Pranayama for lungs healthy
Bhastrika Pranayama is the best breathing exercise. It also helps in providing energy to the body by aiding the detoxification of the system. Bhastrika Pranayama does not allow pollution to remain in the body for a long time. Those who have problems like asthma, they should do this exercise with the advice of experts.
How to do :
- It is very easy to do this pranayama or breathing exercise. To do this, sit straight and keep the shoulders in a relaxed position, keep both hands on the knees, now take a deep breath in through the nose and exhale.
- Fully exhale and inhale your belly with each inhale.
- Start breathing by exhaling forcefully through the nose and try to inhale once in a second. If you are healthy, you can do it quickly.
- Remember that the breath is coming from your diaphragm, keeping the head, neck, shoulders, and chest still as your belly moves in and out.
2. Kapalbhati for lungs healthy
Kapalbhati Yogasana or breathing exercise is the first choice of every yoga expert. This is one of the most useful breathing exercises, it helps in detoxifying your entire system. The major difference between Kapalbhati and Bhastrika is the breathing technique. Kapalbhati, also called the sneezing technique, is performed through the abdomen. While Bhastrika involves rapid breathing through the chest, while practicing Kapalbhati, the emphasis is always on exhaling. In Bhastrika, importance is also given to exhalation (both) along with inhalation. For people who have breathing problems, this exercise helps in flushing out all the toxins from the frontal brain and lungs.
How to do:
- To do this, sit with the spine straight. Take a deep breath and exhale quickly. Always focus on exhaling quickly and not on inhaling.
- Pull the abdominal muscles in while exhaling, bring the stomach out while inhaling, do this for 10 minutes and then relax.
3. Agnisar Kriya
Digestive fire is generated inside the body by this action, due to which all the parts of the stomach also become active along with increasing metabolism. Agnisar Kriya helps to cleanse the toxins of the stomach. Also increases your immune system immunity.
How to do :
- To do this, sit in a comfortable position and keep your hands on your knees and raise your shoulders.
- Take a deep breath and hold your breath. While holding your breath, tilt your head forward and try to touch the chin to the chest.
- Pull the stomach in from the navel with repeated jerks and release it loosely, repeat this for 5 minutes. For more information, you can watch the above video.
Conclusion: Do not go out early in the morning during smog and if you have to go, then leave after 7-8 in the morning by applying an N95 mask. Do exercise while staying at home so that the heart and lungs can remain healthy.