QuickBooks error 15222 takes place while updating QuickBooks Desktop or payroll. Technical issues are common in QuickBooks despite all the efficient features and functions that it offers to the small and mid-sized businesses. You can use the software to streamline your business accounting process, but you have to manage the frequent technical issues efficiently. QuickBooks Error 15222 is also an intimidating technical problem in the application that can hamper your day-to-day accounting process.
Do you know the most efficient way to resolve the QuickBooks error 15222? Yes, it is contacting our QuickBooks error support number 1.855.738.2784 to get step-by-step assistance until the problem is fixed
What Is QuickBooks Error 15222?
QuickBooks Desktop update error 15222 takes place while updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll. When the error occurs, 15222 error message appears on the screen describing error details. The main reason behind the error is the incompatibility of the browser. However, there are several other reasons behind the QuickBooks error 15222 to strike your business accounting process. This blog illustrates the possible causes and troubleshooting solutions for error code 15222.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 15222:
The following reasons can make your business accounting prone to Intuit error code 15222.
- When antimalware, antispyware, or anti-adware software detects the QuickBooks update as a security threat.
QuickBooks error 15222 is more likely to occur when the default browser is not Internet Explorer.
When the digital signature registration mechanism in Internet Explorer fails,
- Your antivirus software does not cause the error, but an update cannot be done coupled with it.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6210
How to Troubleshoot Intuit QB Error Code 15222?
For different reasons to cause QuickBooks error 15222, you will need different troubleshooting solutions. The below-listed solutions are enough to resolve the error if performed carefully-
Solution 1- Install a Digital Signature Certificate
When the Internet explorer function to register the digital signature doesn’t work, then you need to install the digital signature manually. Follow these steps to get the job done-
- Start with closing QuickBooks Desktop
- Now you need to perform a Windows Search to find exe located in C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Right-click on exe and select properties from the drop-down.
- Now tap on the Digital Signatures tab and confirm that Inc is selected
- After that, hit on Details button and Digital Signature details window will open on your screen
- Click on View Certificate and then on Install Certification from within the window
- Click Next and then Finishto get the task done
- Restart your computer and then QuickBooks
- Download the update for QuickBooks Desktop and payroll
If the QuickBooks payroll update error 15222 remains unsolved, then consider performing the further steps.
Solution 2- Update Your Internet Security Software
When your security software is causing QuickBooks error 15222, then you need to update to exempt domains you need to open.
- qbw32.exe and qbupdate.exe
- Now try to open the exempted domains and check the status of QuickBooks error 15222.
Solution 3- Verify Your Internet Security Settings
It is obligatory for an update that the browser involved in the process should be Internet Explorer. Moreover, you also need to confirm that the Internet settings are supportive for an update process. Follow the steps-
- If your existing default browser is not Internet Explorer then make it so.
- Confirm that the date and time on your system is correct
- Determine the cipher length.
Note: A cipher length lower than 128 encryption depicts that your Internet Explorer is damaged and QuickBooks error 15222 can take place.
- Now, you need to update the whole settings of the browser
- Click on Tools button and then select Internet Options.
- On general tab select Delete
- Again, select Temporary Internet Files and click Delete
- From connection tab, select LAN settings
- Checkmark the box againstautomatically detect setting and ensure that both SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are marked.
The above-explained solutions can help you to fix the QuickBooks error 15222 when performed flawlessly. However, for any technical assistance, you can contact our QuickBooks error support phone number 1.855.738.2784, and all your queries will be answered immediately.