Heart Transplant in India
Heart transplant in India: The patient is a 26-year-old male of Asian descent. He is a young man who is married and has two daughters. He presents with a history of end-stage heart failure requiring a heart transplant. A week ago he presented to the emergency department with worsening shortness of breath and leg swelling.
He has a medical history of diabetes, coronary artery disease, and aortic stenosis. He denies any history of trauma, fever, sore throat, cough, chest pain, palpitations, palpitations, syncope, or any other symptoms. Vital signs on presentation are a blood pressure of 100/60 and a heart rate of 105 beats per minute. Physical examination reveals an acutely ill-looking young adult male with no obvious abnormalities.
What is a heart transplant?
A heart transplant is a surgical procedure in which a cardiac surgeon replaces a diseased heart with a healthy donor heart.
Heart transplant surgery is considered one of the most complex surgeries. However, the advanced technology used by Indian doctors is attracting many foreign nationals to India for an organ transplants.
Must Read : Get rid of dark circles
Symptoms of heart failure?
- difficulty breathing; Shortness of breath persists even at rest.
- Edema or swelling of the feet, legs, and ankles.
- Feeling tired almost all the time.
- irregular heartbeat
- ascites or abdominal swelling
- Memory loss, and decreased concentration.
- Bluish discoloration on the lips, the tip of the nose, and fingers.
- Nausea and loss of appetite.
Different treatment options for heart failure?
Different treatment options for heart failure include:
- pacemaker or defibrillator
- IV drug therapy
- Left ventricular assist device.
- treatments fail.
Cost of heart transplant in India?
The cost of a heart transplant mainly depends on the condition of the person with heart failure and the treatment prescribed by the doctor.
Which includes pre-transplant assessment, transplant surgery, and post-transplant recovery process.
At MedicoExperts, we look forward to helping you with any questions you may have.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.
Reasons You May Need a Heart Transplant
- coronary artery disease
- congenital heart problem (you are born with a defect in your heart)
- abnormal heart rhythm
- failure of a previous heart transplant
Multi-organ transplants include heart and kidney transplants, heart and lung transplants, heart and liver transplants, etc.
Why you should prefer a heart transplant in India?
India stands firm in providing world-class medical facilities. We at MedicoExpert are committed to providing you the best heart transplant cost in India.
Heart transplant success rate in India?
Recently, doctors have reported a huge increase in the success rate of heart transplants to 95%. The high success rate of heart transplant surgery has attracted many foreigners to get their heart transplants done in India.
Doctors claim that about 88% of people with heart transplants survive the first time after surgery.
Best Hospitals For Heart Transplant In India
- Fortis, Delhi
- Apollo Hospitals, Delhi
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi
- Max Healthcare Hospital, Delhi
- Black Super Specialty Hospital, Delhi
- Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon
- Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai
- Jaslok Hospital Mumbai
Also Read : Understanding Dental Lingo: Numbering Teeth