Somehow came across QuickBooks error code 15212 and don’t know what can be done? Well, if that is the case, then reading this post will help. This error is basically a payroll update error that appears on the screen when the user tries to download payroll or update QuickBooks. This error appears on the screen with the following error messages:
- The payroll update did not complete successfully. Please try again. You must successfully download the update by the deadline displayed in the Get Updates window.
- The QuickBooks update did not complete successfully.
- The payroll update did not complete successfully. The location for the shared download is not accessible.
There can be a list of factors causing such an error in QuickBooks, which we will be elaborating on later in this post. To know more, make sure to read the post till the end. Or consult us at +1-844-405-0907 and we will provide instant support services.
What leads to QuickBooks Error 15212?
The user can end up in such an error due to the following reasons:
- One of the basic reasons can be if the shared drive is not mapped.
- Another reason can be if the shared drive is not accessible.
- Or if the shared drive does not have the required permissions.
Steps to fix QuickBooks payroll update error 15212
The user can try performing the below stated set of steps to get rid of such an error in QuickBooks. Method 1- Download an update
- The first step is to tap on Help and then Update QuickBooks.
- And then click on the Options tab.
- Click No for Shared download.
- Once done with that click on Save and then close.
- After that download the update again.
Method 2- Clean install QuickBooks in Selective Startup
- The very first step is to create your company file’s backup.
- Note down your QuickBooks Desktop product and license info.
- And then press Window + R, and the Run window will open.
- Now, enter msconfig and then press Ok.
- Also choose Selective Startup and Load system services in the General tab.
- The next step is to pick Hide all Microsoft services from the Services tab.
- And also go for Disable all option
- The user should then untick Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- And check Windows Installer checkbox if not selected and click OK.
- After that Restart your system.
- And Uninstall QuickBooks from your system and use the clean install tool.
- Reinstall QuickBooks.
- Now press open Run window and type msconfig, press OK.
- Go for Normal Startup in the General tab.
- And, tap on Ok and again restart your system and check if the issue gets resolved.
This brings us to the end of the post, where we hope that information shared in above might be of some help in getting rid of the error successfully. However, if for some reason the error continues or if the user needs our assistance at any point in time, then feel free to get in touch with our experts at -+1-844-405-0907 and they will provide you with instant support and assistance.
Read Also: blogscrolls