A QuickBooks user encounters numerous errors while updating or setting up payroll in QuickBooks and one of them is QuickBooks Payroll update error PS036 that affects payroll activities in QuickBooks. There are so many reasons that can cause different types of errors in QuickBooks payroll if the application is not configured properly or if the troubleshooting instructions are followed properly. If you are also facing QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036 while updating payroll then we suggest you follow the complete article for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
Users Looking For Immediate QuickBooks Payroll Support can call QuickBooks payroll phone number 1.855.738.2784
What Cause QuickBooks Error PS036
Numerous reasons can cause the QuickBooks error PS036 and it can even affect the validity of a payroll subscriber. Down below we have listed all the reasons that can cause QuickBooks to encounter error PS036.
- Error PS036 arises in case if your payroll subscription has been expired.
- While applying for the payroll service you have opted for more than one active payroll agreements and there are direct deposits present in the agreement those are inactive
- One of the primary causes of the error is damage in the company file or if the company file is corrupt.
- Paysub.ini file that is located inside the QuickBooks installation folder is damaged or corrupt.
- In case your QuickBooks Desktop application and payroll is not updated to the latest released version.
- You are using incorrect login credentials to log in to your payroll account.
- If you have entered an incorrect Employer Identification Number then QuickBooks might throw QuickBooks error PS036.
- Your Windows operating system is outdated and is not installed with the latest released updates.
- One more reason that triggers Error PS036 in QuickBooks is an incorrect PSID in the company file.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 3371
Important Points to Consider Before Following the Troubleshooting Steps
- Make sure that QuickBooks Desktop application that you are using has the latest updates installed.
- Verify your QuickBooks Payroll login credentials that you use to login into your QuickBooks account.
- Install the latest updates of the Windows operating system to avoid errors like PS036.
- Check and verify the EIN entered by you in QuickBooks.
- Make sure you have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription.
Solution to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error PS036
Step 1: Rename the QuickBooks Paysub.in File
- Open Windows File manager and click Folder and Search Options by selecting the Organize option at the top left corner of the screen.
- Under the View tab checkmark the View Hidden Files, Folders and Drives option.
- Click Apply and then hit OK.
- Now navigate to the QuickBooks folder at C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\ QuickBooks and right click Paysub.ini file and select Rename.
- Type .old at the end of the file name and save the file.
- Try to open the company file again and check if you are still getting QuickBooks Desktop Error PS036.
Step 2: Run QuickBooks File Doctor to Check the Company File for any Errors
- Follow the link and download QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Open the downloads of your computer to run the download file or press Ctrl + J on your browsers to open the downloads
- Click qbfd.exe to start the installation.
- Click Yes to accept the license agreement and proceed further with the installation.
- Now select from the options to repair the company file and/or the network.
- Select Repair Company File and wait until QuickBooks File Doctor repairs any errors in the company file.
- After repairing the company file try to update the payroll once again and check if you are still getting the QuickBooks Desktop Error PS036.
Step 3: Run QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Type msconfig and press Enter or click OK.
- Click Selective Startup under the General tab to load the system services.
- Now under the Services tab click Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Now click Disable all and uncheck Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Make sure Windows Installer box is selected.
- Now click OK and restart your computer.
Following all the given troubleshooting steps will get you the rid of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036 but make sure that you follow all the steps in the given order. In case if the error is not resolved then you can get direct help from our certified QuickBooks Payroll experts by calling our support number 1.855.738.2784
Occasionally you might encounter error PS036 while updating payroll if the application is not updated or in case the company file is damaged. In this article, you will find a detailed and step by step troubleshooting method that will get you the rid of payroll update error PS036. Follow the complete article for more info.