Summary: This article will show you how to import Outlook emails to Thunderbird profile. If you’re still having trouble transferring emails from Outlook to Thunderbird, you should read this article. Here you will find a step-by-step answer to your request.
Both Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird are widely used email clients. Users frequently migrate between different platforms based on their requirements. This data transfer commonly occurs when customers switch from MS Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird as their email client. To begin, we’ll look at the reasons for the data move.
Then we’ll go over the many methods that readers may use to migrate from Microsoft Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird. As a result, we’ll show you how to import Outlook emails to Thunderbird for a low cost in this piece.
Why Users Import Emails from Outlook to Thunderbird
Here are some of the most common reasons people need to transfer their Outlook emails to Thunderbird precisely.
Financial Advantage: Despite its many appealing features, Outlook is still a paid email programme. Many people prefer not to pay for email services and instead use free software such as Thunderbird.
Sharing and synchronisation: If users wish to share their Outlook 2019, 2016, or 2013 data with someone who uses Thunderbird, the data migration procedure should be converted. It also necessitates data synchronisation.
How to Import Outlook Emails to Thunderbird
Users can take the help of either of the solutions given below to resolve to transfer Outlook emails.
1. Traditional Method Using Email Client
2. Direct Method Using SysConverter for PST
Let’s get to know about both the given solution descriptively. So without any delay, let’s move ahead.
Method 1: Transfer Outlook to Thunderbird Manually
When users need to move data between Outlook and Thunderbird on the same computer, they can utilise this approach.
1. First and foremost. Click the Start button on the Windows OS>> Default Programs>> Set Your Default Program.
2. Select Outlook from the drop-down menu and choose Set this software as default. After that, Outlook will become the system’s default email client.
3. To migrate emails from Outlook to Thunderbird, open Mozilla Thunderbird on the same PC and go to Tools>> Import.
4. To continue, pick the radio box corresponding to the Mail option in the next window and click Next.
5. Then, from the following step, choose Outlook and click Next, followed by the Finish option.
6. Repeat the process if the user wishes to export any additional components of the MS Outlook programme. To import PST to Thunderbird profile, for example, select Address Book instead of Mail.
7. You’ll need to reopen the Default Programs window at this point. Make Thunderbird your system’s default email client.
Although this method performs the import process, this approach has some loopholes.
Limitations With Manual Method
- This process requires complete technical knowledge of both the email clients.
- You need to install both the applications in the same system to import Outlook emails to Thunderbird account.
- A single mistake, and you will lose your important data.
- Time-consuming process.
To avoid such restrictions, we are going to suggest you an alternative solution. Read the next blog segment to know more about it.
Method 2: Directly Import Outlook Data to Thundrebird Account
As you can see, the aforementioned strategy is only possible if both email accounts are on the same system. This strategy will not work if the Outlook and Thunderbird email applications are installed on different PCs.
Furthermore, this is a time-consuming procedure to which consumers must devote significant time. As a result, customers are seeking the best PST to MBOX Converter for Windows. This programme allows you to convert Outlook PST files to the MBOX format, which is supported by Thunderbird. With only a few mouse clicks, you may import the converted file into Thunderbird.
Follow the given instructions to move Outlook emails to Thunderbird account
1. Install and Run PST Converter on your system.
2. Select Open >> Email Data File >> PST File >> Select File from Folder.
3. Clcik on Export and select MBOX as a saving option.
4. At lats, browse the saving location and hit ob the Save button.
Now you have an MBOX file which can be easily imported into the Thundrebird account using the ImportExport tool.
If you’re seeking for a way to import Outlook emails to Thunderbird, this article provides the best option. We’ve gone through two alternative tactics in this article: manual and professional techniques. With all of the advantages of Outlook to MBOX Converter, the contemporary method of utilising the programme may be considered the most appropriate. In every way, this programme is the best way to import emails from Outlook to Thunderbird.