Error H202 in Quickbooks occurs when your software is unable to establish any connection while kept in the multi-user connection. Here is how it can be done in multiple ways.
- By using other hosting solution
One way to combat this problem is to use another hosting solution- one other than the “own network.” You can use an affiliated Intuit hosting provider for completing this process.
Note: If you have a (NAS) Network Attached Storage device- then it won’t be possible for you to use the Database Server Manager.
If you are hosting your personal network
To use this way you need to set up Quickbooks Database Server Manager. And there is either a “Full Program option” or “Server only option” to set up the server manager.
Use Quickbooks Tool Hub to run the Database Server Manager
Now, once you have done the setup correctly, you will have to run the server manager with the tool hub. This is how it is done:
Related post :- QuickBooks Error 6129
Step 1: Download and install the tool hub
First of all you will have to download and then install the tool hub on your server. The tool hub will help in fixing the common errors but make sure that you get the 64-bit hub for your Windows 10. Post that, follow these steps.
- Shut the Quickbooks on your device and download the most recent or the latest Quickbooks Tool Hub on your device.
- Once it is downloaded, just open the file.
- Follow all the steps that you see on your screen and then simply finish the installation part by agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- After the installation, simply double click on the Quickbooks Toob Hub’s icon and launch the application.
Step 2: Run the server manager on your Tool Hub
In the next step you will have to run the server manager from the tool hub on your server. Here is how it is done.
- Go to the Quickbooks Tool Hub and then select “Network Issues.”
- Then click on “Quickbooks Database Server Manager.”
- Inside the manager, just click on start scan. If you can’t locate the folders, go to “browse” and then type “Start Scan” and when you see that, just click on it.
- Once you do that, the Quickbooks Database Server Manager will ensure that all the issues get fixed. This will be done automatically, once the scan gets over, you can click on “Close.”
- Now, open Quickbooks on every workstation where you get H202. Then click on “File” and then “Switch to Multi-User Mode.”
- If your server desktop is also your workstation, ensure to check that too.
Step 3: Run the File Doctor from Tool Hub
In the next step, you will have to run a file doctor which is already present in the Tool Hub.
- Go to your Tool Hub and click on “Company File Issues”
- Now, select “Run Quickbooks File Doctor” and let it process. It may take a few minutes based on the specs of your device.
- Now in the File Doctor of Quickbooks you will have to select the company file from the menu (dropdown). Browse for it if you fail to get the name on your screen.
- Now click on “Check your file” (the center option) and then hit the “continue” button.
- Now you will have to punch the admin password of Quickbooks and then click “Next.”
Now, try the multi-user mode and if it successfully runs, your problem is fixed. If not, there are a few manual solutions that can fix the error too!
How to fix Error H202 manually
There are multiple ways to fix the Quickbooks Error Code H202 manually. Have a look at them.
Solution 1: Check the service on the server
Start by doing the easiest things first. So, start by simply checking the services on the server of your workstations.
Note: If you have the Full program option then you will have to first turn on the multi-user hosting by following this.
- Launch Quickbooks on your server computer and then go to “File menu”.
- Then select “Utilities” and then check if the “Host Multi-User Access” is an option. If you see it click on it. Otherwise, let it be!
Now resuming the checking part of the server. Here is what should be done.
- Click on the “Windows Start Menu” on the server computer and then punch “Run” and open it.
- After that, you will have to type “services.msc” in the Run Window and then click “Enter.”
- On locating the “QuickbooksDBXX” file on the list, just double click on it.
- Now, you will have to click on the “automatic” option from the Startup type you see there. To ensure that the service status is “running”. Because if it isn’t, select start.
- Now, you will have to click on “recovery” tab and then on “restart the service” for “First Failure, Second Failure, as well as Subsequent Failures”
- After that, click on Apply and then “Ok” to save all the changes.
- Now, you will have to repeat all these steps for QBCFMonitorService.
Solution 2: Adding services to the windows admin group on the server
To fix this problem, you will also have to give both QBCFMonitorService and QuickBooksDBXX the admin permission on the server of your computer.
Realted post:- quickbooks error code 6123
Solution 3: Check the firewall settings on the server of our computer
Now, you will have to first check that the server is set to allow Quickbooks through the firewall.
- Setup the Windows firewall exceptions. After which you will have to open Quickbooks Error Code H202 on all the workstations.
- Then navigate to “File Menu” and then select “Switch to multi-user mode.”
that offers 24/7 technical support via phone, chat, and email free of cost with QuickBooks cloud hosting. We help you fix errors in all QuickBooks versions including QuickBooks Enterprise, Pro, and Premier.+1(855)-738-0359