Are you facing QuickBooks unexpected error 5 and can’t find an ideal fix? If yes, then reading this post till the end will help. At the time of installing the software or when running other functions in QuickBooks desktop point of sale, one might come across QuickBooks unexpected error 5. This error appears on the screen stating: Status code 5 or System error code: 5 Access denied. There can be other factors as well causing such an error in QuickBooks. To know more about what those reasons can be, along with the fixes for the same, make sure to read the post till the end.
What causes QuickBooks unexpected error 5?
The following can be the common causes behind the occurrence of such an error:
- In case there is any sort of virus or malware attack
- Another reason can be if the system shuts down inappropriately
- The user can also experience this issue in case of invalid entries in the windows registry
- Or due to improper installation of QuickBooks leads to unexpected error 5
- If registry entry or system file gets deleted mistakenly, then such error is common
You may also read: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1911?
Steps to rectify the error
The user can try using the reimage repair tool to get rid of QuickBooks error 5. The steps involved here are as follows:
- At first, one has to download the reimage repair tool
- The next step is to save the file on the desktop
- The user should then right-clicking the reimage repair tool link and select the option to save to the desktop
- The next step is to head to the file location and then click yes when prompted
- It is recommended to avoid marking the checkbox to start the automatic scan
- After performing the steps above, the user is supposed to click on install and the tool will start scanning
- Now, click on start repair
- End the process by restarting the system and check if the error gets resolved or not.
Steps to follow to fix the fatal error in QuickBooks
One can try to fix the error by suppressing the QuickBooks desktop. The steps involved in suppressing the QuickBooks desktop, are as follows:
- At first, the user is required to suppress the desktop while starting QuickBooks
- This can be done by pressing the Ctrl key
- And then double-clicking the QuickBooks application icon
- After that press ctrl key till no company open window programs appear
- The user should then suppress the desktop while opening a company file
- For this, one has to choose the company file from the no company open window
- And press alt key and choose open icon
- After that, if the user is redirected to the login details, then he/she can release the alt key first and then enter the username and password
- At the end, the user is supposed to press the alt key and click on the ok tab
- Avoid releasing the alt key till the company file opens completely
Coming towards the end of this post, we believe that the information shared in above might be of some help in resolving QuickBooks unexpected error 5. However, if there is any query or if the user needs our assistance, then in that case it is suggested to get in touch with our QuickBooks Support team professionals at +1-888-351-0999 and they will provide the user with instant support and assistance.
Read Also: Blogscrolls