QuickBooks is a versatile application with various tools to help you with accounting and bookkeeping activities. Over a period of time, the needs of a QB user may change, and they might want to move to a different version of QuickBooks or even a different type of computer device. In such cases, the question arises – How to Transfer Data from One QuickBooks to Another? There are various ways to complete this task. However, it is important that all methods ensure the safety of the crucial company data, along with maintaining privacy during the transit. Go through the complete blog if you, too, wish to do the same.
Looking for Ways on How to Transfer Data from One QuickBooks to Another? Get in touch with our QB pro-advisors and receive technical guidance on how to proceed. Dial 1-855-948-3646.
Solutions that will help in moving Current QB Data to Another QB
In this section, we have explained two of the easiest processes that will help you move QuickBooks data to another version –
Option 1 – Follow the Export and Import Process
In this method, we will follow the basic guide to move your data from one QuickBooks to another –
- Sign in to the existing account of your client and press the Gear icon.
- Tap on the Export Data option and choose the data that you want to export by clicking on the ON button.
- Hit the Export to Excel button and wait for a data ZIP file to download on your computer.
- Now, create a fresh account in QuickBooks Online and log into it.
- Click on the Gear icon and select the Import Data option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the data you wish to import into QB and hit the Browse button.
- Click on Next multiple times and then press Finish to complete the process.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 12031
Option 2 – Create a File Backup and Restore it in the New QuickBooks
- Open the current version of QuickBooks on your device.
- Click on the File tab and press Switch to Single-user mode.
- Create a backup for your company file to move it to the other QB.
Note – You may be unable to include the Attachments from your data in the backup. Therefore, you need to use a third-party application to help you out with this. Contact our Data Experts at TFN, and they can easily carry out this process for you.
- Now, insert a flash drive into your computer, and move the backup file into the drive.
- Eject the flash drive and insert it into the new device with a different QB version.
- Log into QuickBooks and tap on the File tab.
- Select “Open or Restore Company” and then browse for the backup in your flash drive.
- Complete the restoration process to safely move your company data.
“How to Transfer Data from One QuickBooks to Another?” Hopefully, this blog was able to answer this question for you in the simplest manner. The information stated above has been gathered and shared to support in performing this crucial task effortlessly. If you need additional help in succeeding at this, you must seek advice from our specialist team at 1-855-948-3646.
This article is posted on blogscrolls.com