Introductions: – Are you one of those users who are searching for an easy technique to import Lotus Notes address book to Outlook. If yes, then you are at the right write-up. With this post, we will discuss various techniques by which users can easily solve this query.
When moving from one email client to another, data export or email conversion is required. One of the most common conversion is from Lotus Notes to Outlook. Unlike the Outlook PST file, Notes client contacts are saved in separate files called names .nsf. You may need to convert this data as well.
This article explains solutions to import Lotus Notes address book to Outlook. One can easily choose the process that appears to be the simplest to them for the process.
Reasons to Move Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook
There are many reasons that forces users to change data from Lotus Notes database to Outlook PST format. This causes can be personal or a professional issue. Further information are some point that shows the reasons of switching Lotus Notes application to Microsoft Outlook.
- Company development is the one of the main reason the demand of Lotus Notes database to Outlook migration.
- This issue can be personalised like- changing a job environment.
- Increasing the attention in other application instead of Lotus Notes application.
- Some protection and safety matter can be arise in the Lotus Notes application
How to Import Lotus Notes Address Book to Outlook Manually?
It is possible to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook. So that this Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook conversion are divided into two parts:
- Export Lotus Notes Address Book into CSV Format
- Import CSV File into Outlook
Steps to Export Lotus Notes Address Book to CSV
- Open Lotus Notes Application>> Click on Contacts Option
- Then click the More option from menu and choose Export Contacts option.
- Now, a dialogue window will open on the screen, hit on the Change Directory>> Comma Separated Value>> press the Export option
- Finally, it will take few moment to export contacts into CSV format
Now Next Step to Import CSV File into Outlook
- Run MS Outlook and click on the Open button, followed by import. The Import/Export wizard will open, afterwards choose the import from another program of files button.
- Select Comma Separated Value (CSV) as the file type to import.
- Choose the Lotus Notes CSV file that you extracted by clicking the Browse button.
- In the options filed, choose do not import duplicate items and then press Next.
- Select any of the available folders in the Select destination folder field and hit Next. If possible, map the fields before clicking the Finish button.
Cons of Manual Methods
While the above-mentioned manual process is completely free and allows users to transfer all of their contacts from IBM Notes. However, it has limitations in that it does not move entire information. Furthermore, the above procedure for transferring names .nsf to Outlook may be too technical for some users. As a result, there is a better option, which is a professional solution that can complete the entire process in a few clicks.
Instant Solution: NSF to PST Converter to Import Lotus Notes Address Book to Outlook
.cubexsoft.com/nsf-converter/to-pst.html” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>NSF to PST Converter software to import Lotus Notes address book to Outlook PST file format with complete details and attachments. According to the experts, it is the best software to move Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook. The user-interface of the program is very simple and easy. Hence, making it easy for the users to work on it. Also, it offers very accurate result in the least time possible.
Watch Complete Video Tutorial
The Final Words
It happens many times that users feel the need to import Lotus Notes address book to Outlook. But, both of these email client applications supports different file formats. This is the reason why it becomes complicated to open any element in different email service providers. The free method has been explained to export Lotus Notes address book to Outlook. Also, a professional software is also introduced to import Lotus Notes to Outlook.