QuickBooks offers various bookkeeping services and features and Combine Reports is one of those where users can merge Quickbooks files such as profit, copy transactions, balance sheets, and more instead of Payroll company files because two Payroll transaction files can not be merged. In this post, you will get to explore all the solutions to combine files on the QuickBooks desktop.
Note: To get the best possible assistance, call us on 1.855.738.2784 and overcome your issue in various reliable ways
Why Do You need to Merge QuickBooks Files?
- When you use a local file in the place of a networked data file to enter data in QuickBooks
- When you operate QuickBooks as a single entity.
- If you entered data into two different files and want to combine both the files for a few reasons.
- To add a class to each data file, you can use this option
- To merge QBO files, just convert the files into QuickBooks desktop file format then merge them and upload them to a new QBO file.
Point to Keep in Mind Before Merging QuickBooks File
- If you need a space to complete the combination process, just log in to your files and turn them to multi-user mode.
- Those accounts will merge those that have the same name, type, and level:
- They do not have the same account numbers
- They do not have the same spelling as PHONE can not be merged with TELEPHONE
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding
The combined reports should be very easy to read otherwise it will create an issue during the process.
Data Which can not be Merged:
- Users from secondary files
- Custom notes 7 To-do list
- Data files with sales tax items
- Data file with Negative Inventory
- Bank Reconciliations can not be merged as QuickBooks does not support the transfer of Bank reconciliations
- Memorized transaction definitions
- Budget/Forecasts from secondary files
Follow the Steps to Merge QuickBooks File
Method 1. Using of Combine Reports Feature
- Go to the QuickBooks Reports menu
- Click on Combine Reports from Multiple Companies
- Select Add file> move to another company file> Open
- Repeat the same for all other files
- Select a report by using Select Reports for Combining
- Fill in the date range
- Click on Combine Reports in Excel
- An excel sheet will open with the combined report
Solution 2. Alternative way (Exports Report Manually)
- Open a Data file and create a report for the file
- Export the report in an Excel sheet
- Open the second file and do the same
- Again export the report and save it as a file
- Open Microsoft Excel and WorkBook
- Now merge two reports into another worksheet
- Save the workbook
- You have successfully merged QuickBooks files
So whenever you will need to merge QuickBooks files, just use one of the options mentioned and do it shortly. If you fail to complete the task in the right way, get in touch with QuickBooks specialists at 1.855.738.2784 and combine your QuickBooks files quickly.
You may read also this blog: QuickBooks Error 12029 & its Detailed Troubleshooting Info