Bikes are very close to our heart as these modern motor vehicles are probably some of the fastest vehicles on road in your budget. They are appealing and hence need a special care when you are relocating somewhere. Shifting them from one place to another needs special care and expertise. There are many ways from which you can transport your bike very easily but some methods might also include a lot of risk in terms of safety issues.
Types of services
Look through options of how you can transport your bike from one place to another. There are several ways to transport any bike from one place to another:
- Bike transportation companies – There are many moving companies that provide vehicle transportation facility including car and bikes. They can transport any type of bikes from 100cc – 350cc or 500cc and sports bikes. They use trucks or two-wheeler trailers to transport them from one place to another.
- Train – Indian railways is always an option to send any parcel from one state to another. You will have to know about their procedures as there will be a lot of steps to apply for bike transportation. You can go to parcel office at any Indian railway station and can know all the details.
- Drive yourself – Another way to successfully relocate your vehicle is to drive yourself. But it is very risky. Two-wheelers on highway is a nightmare and you must avoid that in any case. If you are relocating for a short distance then you may consider this option but it is not recommended to do so.
- Get a driver – There are many companies out there who provides driver services. You can opt for them and find a suitable one for you. You must find a trustworthy company for that especially if you have some premium bikes.
Bike transport company will be a good option for you
- Transportation of your bike needs planning and efforts that you will be free of. It will all be managed by the transportation company and you would not have to worry about anything.
- You can relax while your bike is being transported.
- They provide you with door-to-door relocation benefits.
- There will be professionals working with your bike who will manage it just like theirs and will do your work properly.
- You and your bike will be safe and secure.
- Movers and packers will properly pack your vehicle with good quality packing material required according to your vehicle for avoiding any damages or scratches.
- Your bike will have an insurance and damage reimbursement in case any of any mis-happenings.
- You do not need to worry if you want to move your bike locally, interstate or internationally. The packers and movers cover all types of relocation required by you.
Get to know their process
Every moving company that you are shortlisting will have a different process of transportation. Some will use one method and other one will use another method. You will have to see which one will suit you the best. Once you have shortlisted, get to know the step-by-step procedure of the relocation to know if your vehicle will be safe in their hands or not.
Get company’s contact details
There must be a range on contact details about the company you are hiring such as telephone number, email address, business address, social media pages, etc. to ensure that the company is reputed and have a good review from their previous customers. You must also get their alternative contact details to have a backup in case of any emergency.
Look if the company has any branches in the state you are relocating to
You must have a knowledge if your transportation company has a branch in your new location or not. It will be very easy for you them to communicate with them. Sometimes there are situations when you are not able to contact them or your bike is delivered with some sort of damages. In those cases, you will be thankful that you do not have to go far away just to have a talk with them.
Get details for tracking your shipment
Nowadays there are many options to tract your shipment. Companies use GPS systems to provide location of the transit to the customer. You must get your customer ID and order information for the same. Other than that, you can always ask for the driver’s contact details who is relocating your vehicle and can check on them anytime you feel like it. In case your shipment is late or you wan to know something about it, you must not hesitate and must contact the company for further details.
Check the condition of your vehicle
- Clean your bike thoroughly before the move and check if there are any damage there and have a record of it.
- Click pictures of your bike from each side for future reference.
- Make sure that there is no fuel more than a quarter when you’re sending it for relocation.
- Ensure that your bike is properly packaged of by your transportation company.
- Check for damages after the delivery from the picture that you had taken before.
Be clear about payment terms
When you hire a transportation company, you will want to have a budget friendly service. You can ask for quotations from the companies that you are shortlisting and can compare them to get an overall idea of their prices with regard to their services. Go through their payment terms to know what all they are charging you for and if there are any hidden charges in them. Your vehicle will be in their hands so it is advised to not be enticed by their low prices. If you have any query related to anything then you must not hesitate and ask your company immediately.
Get all the documentation done
There are many types of documentations that you will need to do-
- Get all the contract information, insurance details and other information from your transportation company.
- Prepare necessary documents such as driving license, pollution check, insurance, RC, road tax, etc. and make a copy of each one of them.
- Moving vehicle registered in one state to another state will require a NOC from the state you are relocating to. If you are moving for more than a year then it is essential to transfer your vehicle registration to that state.