QuickBooks is reportedly one of the most popular and in-demand pieces of software all across the world, as stated by Intuit Disclosure. At the moment, more than 2 million customers utilise QuickBooks to manage the financial aspects of their companies. QuickBooks is widely regarded as the ideal accounting software; nonetheless, it is possible for many users to experience problems while using the program.
In order to combat these kinds of technical problems, Intuit has developed and released a new solution in the year 2012. Our goal for today is to make you more familiar with the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. According to the findings of our research, we have determined that the remarkable functionalities that QuickBooks possesses are unknown to the majority of its customers. After becoming aware of the benefits that the tool provides, it is imperative that the tool be installed.
QuickBooks File Doctor: A Brief Introductory Statement
File doctor is a tool that was developed and launched by Intuit in 2012, primarily for the purpose of addressing error codes that are generated by QuickBooks. In addition to this, the tool is a hybrid of a Company File Diagnostic Tool and a Network Diagnostic Tool. It can analyse both networks and company files.
You might think of it as a straightforward file repair tool that you can use to correct issues that keep cropping up in QuickBooks. If you are using QuickBooks 2016 or later, you will have access to the built-in version of the QuickBooks Desktop File doctor tool. To obtain the most recent version of this program, go to the Downloads section of the Intuit website and look for the QuickBooks File Doctor.
Because so many QuickBooks customers are unfamiliar with this utility, we decided to write an article to educate them about it.
Read also: QuickBooks missing pdf component
Different Variations of the QuickBooks File Doctor
1. the stand-alone version of QuickBooks File Doctor: In QuickBooks 2016 and later versions, a built-in file doctor utility is already pre-installed on your computer.
2. An in-built version that is included with QuickBooks 2016 and subsequent versions and comes pre-installed.
There are many platforms that QuickBooks File Doctor is compatible with:
1. QuickBooks File Doctor 2017 and later editions, such as QuickBooks File Doctor 2022, are compatible with all windows-based versions of Quickbooks Desktop.
2. However, it is not compatible with any of the Mac versions of QuickBooks.
Some Additional Information Regarding the QuickBooks File Doctor
1. You are required to first remove the previously installed version of QBFD before installing the most recent update.
2. All versions of QuickBooks released after 2015 come along with an integrated version of the doctor tool. However, we strongly suggest installing the external one so that the problem can be resolved straight away.
3. The QuickBooks Desktop doctor tool is only compatible with Windows-based versions of the accounting software.
4. To begin using the tool, you simply need to select the Start button and give the program permission to begin resolving the problem.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Closes unexpectedly
How do I download, install, and use the QuickBooks File Doctor program?
In addition, we have discussed the two different methods for downloading QuickBooks File Doctor and installing the tool without experiencing any disruptions.
The first method is to use the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
1. To begin, make sure you have the QuickBooks Tools Hub downloaded. After that, select downloads by pressing the CTRL and J keys simultaneously.
2. You must now save the file to the desktop so that you may easily access it anytime it is necessary.
3. After that, launch the file by selecting the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file from the menu.
4. In the meantime, select Yes to indicate your approval and acceptance of the licencing agreement.
5. After selecting the Install option, proceed by selecting the Next option from the menu.
6. When you have completed the process of installing the software, you should select the option to Finish.
7. After that, you’ll want to activate the QuickBooks Tool hub by tapping on the icon.
Note: If you are having trouble locating the icon, you can search for QuickBooks Tool Hub by pressing the Windows key or the Start key. After that, you can start the program by clicking on its icon.
8. Once you have opened the tool hub, the final step is to select Company File Issues and then to run the tool.
Option 2: Go to the Intuit website and log in there.
1. To begin, close any and all applications that are currently running in the background.
2. After that, go to the official website of Intuit to get the QuickBooks File Doctor and download it.
3. You must now download the program ending in “.exe” into your computer system.
4. In the meantime, execute the.exe file, and a window for the installation setup will appear.
5. After that, select the option Yes, and the installation procedure will begin immediately after that.
6. Make sure you are familiar with the ongoing instructions. After that, you’ll need to agree to the terms and conditions before the installation procedure can be finished.
7. The final step is to select Finish.
How to Start the QuickBooks File Doctor Program
The following is a list of the steps that need to be taken in order to use the external QuickBooks desktop file doctor tool.
1. In the first place, check to see if you are utilising the most recent version of the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
2. Next, open the Windows Taskbar and select the browse option from the menu that appears.
3. After that, look for the file that was damaged at the company. And begin the process of diagnosing the problem.
4. After that, you will be presented with two choices from which you will need to select one in order to make the most appropriate choice.
5. After that, select the first option from the drop-down menu if you are having problems with business files or 6000 error codes.
6. If you are having problems connecting to the network, you should choose the second option.
7. Make a note of the password for the Company File Admin account, then press the Next button.
8. After that, select an option from the list that follows in order to correct the issue.
9. Workstation option: Select this choice if you are troubleshooting difficulties that are occurring on a customer’s computer system. It gives the impression that the QuickBooks company file has not been stored on that system at any point.
Also read this related guide: QuickBooks Tool Hub
Select the appropriate server
Server choice: If you are identifying and fixing problems on the QuickBooks client system, you should select the second option available for the server. If you are seeing this message on the client system, it indicates that the QuickBooks company file has not been hosted or saved on that personal computer.
10. If you are utilising QuickBooks as a server or host, select Yes from the drop-down menu. If this is not the case, pick No.
11. In the meantime, the utility will fix the files on its own automatically.
12. Be patient and wait till the procedure of diagnosis is finished. It is dependent on the size of the firm file as well as the speed of the internet.
13. Please close the file doctor tool at this time.
14. At long last, you should be able to access the bug-free corporate file.