QuickBooks error 6000 77 occurs when a company file is damaged or corrupted and it fails to open in QuickBooks. We will be looking at the QuickBooks error 6000 77. This message appears on the screen alongside the error. The issue can also be caused by QuickBooks storing the file on an external storage device rather than the local drive. For more information and helpful tips, continue reading below.
What is the reason I am facing QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 77?
Before we can understand the various methods to permanently eliminate QuickBooks error code 6000 77, we need to look at the causes. These are the most common causes of this error.
- The company file can be saved on a cloud storage software or external storage device.
- The folder where the files are kept is not authorized or damaged.
- QB error code 6600 77 can occur when QuickBooks files are corrupted.
- The company file’s mapped network path is incorrect.
- Windows Firewall prevents QuickBooks from functioning properly.
- Accidental deletion of QuickBooks files and components from the device.
What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error Message 6600 77?
These are some tips to help you spot and identify QuickBooks error 6600 77.
- It is possible that the user cannot open or view their company file.
- The QB screen can be opened and closed by itself.
- Windows crashes to stop the damage from expanding.
- It is possible that the user cannot click on tabs or buttons within the program.
QuickBooks goes down.
Things to consider before fixing QuickBooks Error 6600 77
- Before you start troubleshooting, make sure that QuickBooks is running as administrator. This gives QB the permission it needs.
- Transfer your company file to your local storage. It can be infected and corrupted if it is stored on an external drive.
- Verify the file’s name. Remove any white spaces or special characters from the file’s name.
How do I fix error 6000 77 in QuickBooks Desktop?
We have provided the best methods to eliminate the QuickBooks 6000,77 error. Follow the instructions.
Method 1: Repair the Windows Firewall Settings
The firewall protects your device against potential threats from the internet and malicious apps. You should exclude QuickBooks from the scanning process to prevent it from blocking QuickBooks.
- Click on the Windows icon in the lower-left corner to open the Start Menu
- In the search box, type Windows Firewall and choose the search option.
- Select Advanced Setting in the menu to the left.
- Navigate to Inbound Rule. Right-click and choose New Rule.
- Click on Next by pressing the Programm button.
- You will now need to click on Next again.
- Select one of the QB.exefiles, and then tap on the button called next.
- Click on ” Allow The Connection” to continue and hit Next.
- After that, check to make sure all profiles are correctly marked.
- Press Next to create the rule and name it “QBFirewallException(name.exe).”
- You can repeat the process to create an Outbound rule.
- After these changes, reboot your computer and check QuickBooks.
Method 2: Replace the damaged QuickBooks folder
If the company file is inaccessible because it is in a corrupted directory, problems such as error 6600 77 can occur. This can be fixed by moving the file to a folder that isn’t damaged.
- To open File Explorer, press the Windows and E keys together.
- Double-click the C: drive folder to create a new folder. Give it the name QB TEST.
- Navigate to the folder where your QuickBooks company file is kept.
- Right-click the file (company name.qbw) and choose Copy.
- Right-click the QB Test folder and click on Paste.
- Close the window, and then open QuickBooks Desktop on your screen.
- Check the file in the QB TEST folder to see if the error persists.
Method 3 – Modify the Extensions in QuickBooks Files
QB cannot function properly if support files are damaged. Change the extension of affected files to make them null and create newer, error-free copies.
- To open the Product Information box, click the QBDTwindow button.
- Make a note of the exact location of your company files. In most cases, it is – C:\Users\Public\Public
- Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- Click on the Windows icon and type File Explorer before clicking on the option.
- Go to the search panel at the top of the window and copy the location you just copied.
- Now you will be in the QB folder. Find the following files.
- a. Network data file – company_file.qbw.nd
- b. Transaction log file. company_file.qbw.tlg
- Right-click on one of the files and choose Rename.
- Add to the end of the file name, and hit the Enter key.
- Continue the process for the other file, and close the window.
- a. company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
- b. company_file.qbw.tlg.OLD
- This will cause the files to become null and be recreated by QB the next time you access the application.
Method 4 – Open the company file from an alternate route
QuickBooks Desktop opens the company file. It is possible to prevent it from opening automatically. Follow these steps to prevent it from opening automatically.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your home screen.
- Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard until you see ” Run As Administrator”
- This will prevent your company file from opening automatically and redirect you to the No Companies Open window.
- Click on the File tab, then click on ” Open Or Restore Company”.
- You will also need to choose the ” Open company file” option and then press Next.
- Select Network and open the location for your company file.
- Click on the Open button to search for the file. This error should no longer exist.
Method 5 – Use QuickBooks File Doctor to fix the file
This trick will fix your company file error if none of the other methods work. QuickBooks File Doctor was created to fix errors in the data file.
- Close QB Desktop if you’re not using it.
- Visit the Intuit website to find the most recent QuickBooks Hub.
- Download it to your device and Save the downloaded file to the desktop.
- Double-click the file to begin the installation. Wait for it to finish.
- Tap on the Company File Matters button in the Tool hub.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doc to locate your company file. To do this, press the Browse and Search tabs.
- You can also tap on File to confirm and then hit the Continue button.
- To authorize the action, use your QB admin credentials and click on Next.
- Depending on how large your file is, the scan could take some time.
- Reboot your device, and then open QBDT.
This was QuickBooks Error 6600 77. We have tried to understand the causes of this error by looking at the above. There are many ways to quickly resolve this problem. We hope you were able to resolve it.