QuickBooks is not a software that is best suited for small and mid-sized businesses but can also provide amazing benefits to large enterprises running businesses at several physical locations. One of the most incredible features that is admired by most of the businesses is Payroll and QuickBooks capability to calculate payroll taxes automatically. Problem arises when QuickBooks payroll encounter error like QuickBooks Error 12029. There are several errors that hinder QuickBooks Desktop performance and payroll errors are the most dreadful. QuickBooks update error 12029 not only interrupts payroll update but also causes difficulties running payroll for the employees. Further in this article we are going to list some of the most common reasons that cause the error and their easy troubleshooting instructions.
Follow the Complete Article for Detailed Troubleshooting Instructions and if You Need Help of a Certified Expert Resolving the Error, then Call QuickBooks Payroll Technical Support Number 1.855.738.2784
Reasons that Cause QuickBooks Error Code 12029
The most common reason that QuickBooks encounters errors while downloading or updating payroll is internet connection issues. Sometimes, faulty configuration and incomplete installation also triggers such error in the application. Down below we have listed all the reasons that cause error 12029 in QuickBooks Payroll:
- Internet Connection issues and unavailability of the server is one of the primary cause of the error.
- Faulty Windows Firewall Configuration.
- When Internet Explorer is not set as the default internet browser on Windows.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop software.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Display Issues Windows 10
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 12029
Following are the solutions that can help resolve error 12029 in QuickBooks Desktop:
Solution 1: Verify Windows Connectivity with the Internet
- Open your internet browser and type the name of a well reputed website like Intuit.com.
- Press Enter and check if you can access the website.
- In case, if you get any error like unable to connect or server not available then contact your Internet Service Provider for troubleshooting help.
- If you can successfully access the website then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 2: Configure Windows Firewall to Allow QuickBooks Connection with the Internet
- Press Windows + R keys together.
- Type Control Panel and press Enter.
- Select Windows Firewall.
- Navigate to the settings and add QuickBooks in the list of allowed programs.
- Also configure the Inbound and Outbound Rules of the firewall.
- Check if QuickBooks error message 12029 is now resolved.
Solution 3: Maker Sure You are Using Internet Explorer as your Default Internet Browser
- Open Internet Explorer and navigate to the settings.
- Open the Programs tab and click Make Default option.
- Try updating payroll once again and check if the Intuit QB error code message 12029 is now resolved.
NOTE: Reinstalling the application and ruining QuickBooks File Doctor not only resolves Payroll update errors but can also fix company file errors like QuickBooks Error 3371.
If none of the troubleshooting steps helps you resolve QuickBooks Error 12029 then you can reach us at our QuickBooks Desktop Technical Helpline Number 1.855.738.2784 for better assistance resolving the error.
You may read also this blog : Fail-Safe Troubleshooting For QuickBooks Error 15222