A lot of data and company files issues can be fixed by restoring the backup. But, the problem arises when a user comes across an error while restoring the backup. There are instances when users get QuickBooks restore failed error when they try to restore a backup of a company file in QuickBooks Desktop. The error pops up on the screen displaying any of the following error messages:
If you can’t restore backup due to QuickBooks restore failed error and looking for an instant solution to fix it, reach out to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team via 1.855.738.2784 for direct consultation
Primary reasons behind QuickBooks Backup restore failed error
Following are some known reasons behind the backup error:
- The folder containing the backup file is damaged or corrupted.
- The backup was created in a different version of QuickBooks.
- The name of the QuickBooks backup file is incorrect as it includes special characters and spaces in the name.
- The backup file might be damaged or corrupted.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Bank Connection Issues
Most Reliable Solutions to Fix QuickBooks POS restore backup failed error
Solution 1. Change the name of the QuickBooks company file name
- Find the location of the QuickBooks company file and then head to the location.
- Right-click the company file and select the Rename option.
- Make changes to the file name by removing special characters and tap the Enter key to save the file with the new name.
Solution 2. Repair QuickBooks company file with the help of Rebuild Data Tool
- Open the QuickBooks application, click the File menu, and select Utilities.
- Click Rebuild Data and then select OK on the QuickBooks Information window.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen to save a backup and then wait till the Rebuild Data Tool repairs the company file.
- When the tool completes, click OK and go to the File menu.
- Choose Utilities, select Verify Data and let the tool check file for data issues.
- If the application doesn’t find any issue, click OK and continue using the company file. If it detects any damage, click the Rebuild Now button.
Solution 3. Make use of a different copy to restore the backup file
- Within QuickBooks, choose the File menu and click Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Restore a backup copy, then Next and click Local Backup.
- Locate the backup company file on your computer. It look like [company name].qbb.
- Pick a folder to save the restored company file and select Open.
- Finally, click the Save button when you are ready to save the file.
Other solutions to fix QuickBooks backup restore failed error:
- Shift the backup file to a new folder before restoring it.
- Copy backup files from flash or network drive before restoring it.
- Make use of the same or newer version of QuickBooks Desktop while restoring the backup.
This advisory blog has discussed all the possible troubleshooting solutions that will help you eliminate QuickBooks restore failed error. If you face any difficulty following the steps, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team for help by giving a call on the QuickBooks service support number 1.855.738.2784.
You may also read: Resolving QuickBooks Direct Deposit Issues