Many Brother printer users found it effective. Detailed steps of this fix are below along with other fixes if you are not able to fix your problem. I am writing this blog to help others who are facing this issue.
Many users of Brother printer encounter this error. It is one of the most annoying errors as we see that printer is online but it shows it as offline. The Brother Printer offline Windows 10 error usually shows up because of various technical issues. There can be problems with connection, print queue or something else. The printer may be encountering some other error.
Why is my Brother Printer showing Offline on Windows 10?
As you have seen that after every single update on windows 10, the Brother printer goes offline. However, Windows 10 update or driver update is not the only reason to bring your printer to an offline state. The major factor behind the brother printer showing an offline message in windows 10 is the connection problem.
To Fix Brother Printer Offline How to Turn online issue with the below guide.
Check Brother Printer Connectivity
Brother Printer could show an offline message when not connected properly to the Windows 10 computer, WiFi network or Router. In this situation, you have to check all the connections by following these steps.
- Restart your printer and wait for 1-2 mins until the printer is fully ready.
- Check your printer connection (Wireless or USB).
- If you are using a USB cable connection, make sure that they are plugged in properly and securely on your computer and printer.
- If you are using wireless or WiFi connection, make sure you are connected to the right network. A wireless light on your printer will in Solid-state if you are connected.
- Run a test print.
Brother printer connected to WiFi but offline on Windows 10
If your printer is properly connected still it says offline, then it might have something to do with the Brother printer status. The selected printer might not be set as the default printer or it might be offline or paused from windows 10 printer properties. Follow these easy steps to check all the issues.
- Open Printers and Devices windows from Control Panel.
- Select your Brother printer and Right-click on it to open “See what’s printing”
- Again Right-click on the selected printer and click on “Set as default printer”.
- Under “Set as default printer” you can see your Printer status – offline or paused.
- If the Brother printer is paused, simply click on “Resume printing”.
- Run a test print.
Fix Brother Printer Offline Windows 10
There are some methods that you can try to solve your Brother printer offline problem:
- Verify the Brother Printer turned ON and there are no errors on the screen.
- Make sure the Brother printer connected to the computer properly.
- Make sure your Brother Printer set as the default printer in Windows 10 settings.
- Delete all print jobs from the printer properties option.
- If you see a copy of your Brother printer’s icon (example:- Brother XXX-XXXX (Copy 1)) then delete that device from the computer.
Try these brief steps to get the fixes for Brother Printer Offline Problem.
Brother Printer Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi: Step-By Steps Solution
If your Brother Printer is not connecting to WiFi, then it can be due to a connectivity issue or underlying hardware or software issues. It can also be due to outdated printer drivers. Below are the troubleshooting steps which you can follow when your Brother Printer is not connecting to WiFi.
Steps to Follow when your Brother printer won’t connect to Wifi: –
1. If you are not able to connect your Brother printer to the wireless network, the first thing you should do is to restart your devices including the printer, Wifi router, PC/Laptop. Unplug the cables from your printer and computer. Wait for some time and then connect your device and now you are ready to troubleshoot.
2. If your printer is located more than 10 meters away from the Wifi router, it will face a problem in maintaining the wireless signals. So you should place your printer near your router and then begin the Wifi setup again.
3. Many times, Brother printer users have to deal with the wifi setup’s failed issue due to the incorrect credentials during the setup process. This happens when users choose an invalid SSID or enter the wrong Wifi credentials. So please ensure to put the correct information while setting up your printer.
4. If your Brother printer doesn’t connect to the wifi using the correct password, you should reset the SSID (wifi name) and password. Here are the steps to reset the SSID:
- Open the router admin panel using chrome or any other web browser.
- Push the wireless settings option from the menu.
- Remove the existing network name and type the new network name.
- Create a new password now and push the apply changes button.
- Once you press the apply changes button, you need to go back to the printer and connect it through the wireless network.
5. Sometimes, you may have a brother printer not connecting to the wifi problem due to the old profile. When there is an old profile conflicting with your wi-fi router, it may cause the brother printer wifi setup failed problem. At this point, you should reset your printer with a new SSID configuration.
6. If you have already tried the above steps but still your Brother printer won’t connect to the wifi. You should use the WPS method for connecting your printer to the wifi network. In this method, you need to push the WPS button on your printer and router.
- Press the WPS button available on the backside of the router for 1 minute.
- Now press & hold the wifi button on your printer for 3 seconds and then release it.
- Now let the machine rest for a minute or two and let it connect on its own.
7. Sometimes the connectivity issue occurs due to firmware updates so it is important to check the firmware if your printer has an updated version of the firmware.
Update Printer Drivers
If your Brother printer is not connecting to WiFi, you can try updating its drivers.
- To update the drivers of your printer, first of all, find the model number of your printer.
- Now, go to the official website of the Brother printer.
- Locate the model name of your printer.
- Follow the steps and download the latest version of the drivers.
We have discussed all possible scenarios wherein your Brother printer is not able to connect to Wifi. Hopefully, now you can connect to your wifi printer using the above information.
Thanks to the Admin who Allow me share this post