QuickBooks operates in two different modes. One is the Single-user mode, where only a single user can operate the company file, and the other is the multi-user mode, where multiple users can work on the company file without affecting each other’s progress in the data. Switching to multi-user mode only requires a few clicks. However, setting up a multi-user mode is a complex process and needs to be done very carefully. If there exists even a minor issue in the multi-user set up, the user can’t access the company file, and different error codes will pop up depending on the cause of the issue. Here in this article, we will be discussing one such error that appears while opening the company file in multi-user mode and appears with an error code 6147. Keep reading the complete article to know the exact cause of QuickBooks error 6147 and its solutions.
If you need someone to immediately help you resolve QuickBooks error code 6147, reach QuickBooks Desktop support at 1.855.738.2784
SOLUTION 1: Get an Updated Version of Your Installed QuickBooks
- Once you quit QuickBooks, go to the ‘Start’ section of Windows.
- In the search box, look for QuickBooks and then right-click on its icon.
- Further, hit the ‘Run as Administrator option.
- Now, press the ‘Ctrl’ key and click twice on the QuickBooks icon altogether to move to the No Company Open window.
- Choose the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option under the ‘Help’ menu.
- Now, from the ‘Options’ section, ‘Mark All’ and then ‘Save’ it.
- Next, go to the ‘Update Now’ tab to enable the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- For downloading the available updates, tap on the ‘Get Updates’ button.
- Exit QuickBooks and re-launch it to install the updates.
- Finally, reboot the device.
SOLUTION 2: Fix the Issue by Updating the Transaction Log and Network Data File Names
- Go to the location of the QuickBooks company file folder.
- After you open the folder, a list of files will be displayed on the screen.
- Among all of them, search for the transaction log and network data files.
- Once you locate them, right-click on any one file and proceed with the following steps.
- Next, tap on the ‘Rename’ option.
- Now, at the end of the file name, add ‘.old’.
- Hit the ‘Enter’ key and then close the folder.
- In the last step, launch QuickBooks to check if you are able to open the company file or not.
As you are now aware of the reasons and solutions to QuickBooks error 6147, we hope that you have successfully resolved the error now. If not, you must first get your network checked by your IT team, as issues in the network are the most common cause of the error. If you manage your network on your own and have no idea what is wrong with it, reach QuickBooks support for help. Dial 1.855.738.2784, and once you get connected with a certified QuickBooks Desktop expert, the expert will go to the root cause of the error and resolve it for you in no time.
You may read also : Quickbooks error c 224
This blog is posted on blogscrolls.com