Among all the errors that users face, the QuickBooks script error is the most annoying. This error is usually associated with the Internet Explorer as QuickBooks by default, uses the browser’s settings to connect with the Internet. The error usually appears when a user tries to open a company file or access the webpage. Due to the issue, the system starts responding slowly. That’s why it is important to rectify the issue as soon as possible. Follow the complete blog to get detailed information on QuickBooks Webpage error along with its troubleshooting solutions.
If you are not willing to follow the troubleshooting procedure to fix the QuickBooks script error, connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for help by calling us on our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042.
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks unresponsive script error message
Below are the major reasons that prompt script error in QuickBooks:
1. Internet Explorer is outdated or not set as the default web browser.
2. Misconfigured settings of the Internet Explorer.
3. QuickBooks data file is damaged or corrupted.
Also read: QuickBooks display issues
Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks Internet Explorer script error
Solution 1. Use Internet Explorer as your default browser to get rid of script issue
1. Close all open applications and open Internet Explorer.
2. Within the Internet Explorer, move to the upper right corner and click the Gear icon.
3. Choose Internet Options and go to the Programs tab.
4. Under the Default Web Browser section, click the Make Default button and select OK.
Solution 2. Add Intuit to Internet Explorer’s trusted sites
1. Within Internet Explorer, choose Command and click the Tools menu.
2. From Internet Options, select the Security tab and click Trusted Sites.
3. After that, add *.intuit.com in the Add this website to the zone field and click the Add button.
4. Head to the Trusted sites window, mark the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in the zone option and then close the window.
5. Clear the Enable Protected Mode checkbox and close Internet Explorer.
This blog is posted on blogscrolls.
Solution 3. Turn off add-ons in Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer, choose Command, and select the Tools menu.
2. Choose Internet Options and move to the Programs tab.
3. From there, click Manager add-ons, then disable add ons and select OK.
4. At the end, clear the cache from the browser.
Solution 4. Resolve script issue by running Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
1. Open your browser and visit Intuit’s official website to download the newly released QuickBooks Tool Hub version.
2. After downloading the setup file, save it somewhere you can easily find, like your Windows Desktop.
3. Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, follow the instructions given on the screen and click on the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
4. Now, move to the desktop and locate the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
5. Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub, click the Program Problems tab and select Run Quick Fix my Program.
6. Wait and let Quick Fix my Program run to resolve script issues.
We are hopeful that the troubleshooting procedure mentioned above will work for you in resolving the QuickBooks script error. If you couldn’t resolve the error using the solutions discussed above, connect with the QuickBooks technical support team for help by dialing our toll-free number +1-855-856-0042.