Users come across various update errors when they try to download QuickBooks Desktop and payroll updates. One such error is QuickBooks update error 12031, which usually occurs when the program can’t connect to the internet successfully. It can be incorrect browser settings or a firewall’s interruption. The error shows up with a message displaying, “A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.” If you want to know the causes and solutions, you will find everything in the blog below, so stay connected until the end.
Need help to troubleshoot QuickBooks update error 12031? We are here for you. Call us on our toll-free number 1-855-948-3646 and get immediate troubleshooting assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
What are the root causes of QuickBooks error message 12031?
Here is the list of major factors that prompt error 12031 in QuickBooks:
- Windows Firewall and security settings are interrupting QuickBooks functions.
- Incorrect SSL settings on the computer.
- Internet connection is weak and unstable.
You may read also : Error 15276 QuickBooks
Top 3 Methods to Deal with QuickBooks Desktop update error 12031
Method 1. Set Internet Explorer as the default browser on your PC
- Quit QuickBooks, move to your Windows Desktop and open Internet Explorer.
- When the Internet Explorer opens, move to the upper right corner and click the Gear icon.
- Choose Internet Options, select the Programs tab and head to the Default Web Browser section.
- There, click the Make Default button and then select OK.
Method 2. Reset Internet Explorer settings to resolve error 12031
- Quit the QuickBooks application, launch Internet Explorer and select the Tools menu.
- Click Internet Options, go to the Security tab and click the Globe icon.
- Check the security level to make sure it is no higher than Medium-high.
- Next, choose the Connections tab and click Never Dial a Connection if you do not use the dial-up node (DUN). If you do, choose the correct ISP.
- To save, click OK and choose LAN Settings.
- Check that the automatically detect settings option is selected and the Use a Proxy server box is clear.
- If the Use a Proxy Server box is marked, you need to document the complete address and port.
- If the port is other than 80, do not clear the Use a Proxy server option. If it is 80, clear the checkb樂威壯
ox for testing purposes.
- Click OK, go to the Advanced tab and choose Restore Advanced Settings.
- Go to Settings, find Use TLS 1.2 and check if it is selected.
- Select OK, close the Internet Explorer window and restart your workstation.
Other resolutions to overcome error 12031:
- Changing Internet security and Windows Firewall settings.
- Resetting QuickBooks Desktop updates and repairing Internet Explorer.
- Remove QuickBooks from the Windows Firewall list of the blocked programs.
We are hopeful that following the above troubleshooting procedure will help you fix QuickBooks update error 12031. If the issue continues or you need any help, dial our toll-free number 1-855-948-3646 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals for assistance.
Related Search Terms: Error 12031QuickBooks, Error 12031Updating QuickBooks, I am Getting Error Code 12031Updating
You may read also : Transfer Data from One QuickBooks to Another