QuickBooks is among the highly preferred accounting application among small and medium-sized businesses. But, due to some internal and external factors, it encounters various errors. In this blog, we will discuss about QuickBooks abort error that shows up when a user tries to access the company file stored on the server computer. This error comes along with a message, “The connection to the company files has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered.” To know the root causes and troubleshooting solutions to fix the QuickBooks Network Abort error, read the blog carefully until the end.
We realize you might not be willing to go through the complete advisory blog to fix the QuickBooks Abort error. No worries, reach out to the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784
Primary reasons behind QuickBooks Network Abort error
Following are some possible reasons behind the abort error message:
- Windows firewall restricts access over the network.
- The internet connection is wireless and unstable.
- The folder containing the company file requires more permissions.
- Users workstation is switched to power saving mode.
You may read also : QuickBooks Firewall Problem
Methods to Rectify QuickBooks Desktop Abort Error
Solution 1. Run verify and rebuild on your company file to fix damage
- To Verify: Open QuickBooks and go to the File menu.
- Choose Utilities and click Verify Data.
- Click OK and proceed to rebuild the file.
- Select the File menu and then Utilities.
- Click Rebuild Data and then OK.
Solution 2. Get the latest updates of QuickBooks Desktop released by Intuit
- Close your company files open in QuickBooks and then exit QuickBooks.
- Select the Windows Start menu, search QuickBooks in the list of programs and select the Run as administrator option.
- From the No Company Open screen, choose the Help menu and then click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- After selecting the Options tab, click Mark All and then the Save button.
- Click Update Now and tick the Reset Update checkbox.
- Select Get Updates, start QuickBooks and click Yes when prompted to install the update.
- Once the installation finishes, restart your workstation.
Solution 3. Run the File Doctor from QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub
- Close all QuickBooks company files and then the QuickBooks Desktop window.
- From your browser, download the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the downloaded setup file to an easily accessible location.
- Once you open the file, start following the on-screen steps and agree to the terms and conditions. This will finish the installation process.
- Go to your desktop and open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon and choose Company File Issues.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor and wait until the tool opens.
- Scroll the drop-down menu and choose your company file. If you can’t see the file, click Browse and search to find it, and then select the Check your file option.
- Enter log-in details when prompted, click Next, and open QuickBooks.
- Log in to your company file to check if the error is fixed.
If you can’t resolve QuickBooks abort error on your own and need help, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6147