We understand how aggravating it is to cure your house for bed bugs just to have them return. You believe you’ve done everything correctly, yet the bed bug keeps returning.
You cleaned the bed linens several times and even used bleach, but they are still there. Even after vacuuming, using a steam cleaner, and covering the bed mattress, those hardy bed bugs are still in your clothes, furniture, carpet, and other places.
The truth is that bed bugs are tough invaders. You can get them almost everywhere, regardless of when you last treated your house.
A single female bed bug can lay up to 200 eggs. If bed bug infest one room in a hotel or apartment, they will ultimately infest the entire property.
What if they never actually left in the first place? You went to the shop, purchased bed bug spray, and treated the area where you found them… But did you get them all? You may have overlooked something. Maybe you didn’t realise they were in your closet, on the chair next to your bed, or even in your bag.
For that reason, we always suggest people search for “bed bug pest control near me” to get professionals to do the job. They are skilled and trained in this sector and they do it for a living. Hence, they can definitely offer more than your DIY or store-bought chemicals.
What Causes Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are hitchhikers. They may hitch a ride anywhere and at any time, but there are particular areas where you should keep a closer eye out for them.
- If you spend the night in a hotel, motel, or resort, regardless of how clean and well-kept it is, make sure to check for bed bug. While these are not the only sites where bed bugs may be found, they are at the top of the list.
- If you take public transit, keep an eye out for these bugs and the indications they leave.
- When guests stay at your house, they may unknowingly bring bed bugs with them. They might have taken up the bugs while travelling or from their house. Once they have left, a wise precaution is to wash all of their bedding at the highest temperature possible.
- When your children visit a friend’s home, they may carry bed bugs back with them. Knowing how to recognise bed bugs and their eggs might help you avoid an infestation. Examine any goods brought back into the house, paying specific attention to the seams.
- Bed bug might be brought home from work. If you are familiar with the appearance of bed bug bites, you may be able to identify the hazard before bringing it into your house. Bed bug bites are often in a line or cluster and are frequently accompanied by a rash.
- Although local exterminators for bed bugs suggest not picking up second-hand furnishing if you pick up old furnishings on the roadside or buy it used, make sure to look for black streaks, shed insect casings, and bloodstains. Bed bug do not only live in mattresses.
- Always be on the watch for bed bugs and the indicators they leave, such as a locker room odour, black faecal deposits, insect shells, and blood stains, when visiting a public location.
Do you feel like you have made the above mistakes? Well, maybe that’s why you keep getting bed bugs even when you hire the experts to get rid of them. But if you are still not sure whether you have bed bugs or not, the below guide might help you.
Symptoms of Bed Bug Bites
Bed bugs like humans as hosts, and they will cling onto bare skin while the victim sleeps. Although the bite is not painful at the time of the assault, the majority of people have an allergic reaction to the saliva conveyed during the biting. This is why bites get red, itching, and swollen. Bite patterns or tiny clusters are more common. This may indicate that the bites are from bed bugs rather than another insect.
However, some people never react to bites, making a bed bug infestation difficult to detect. After prolonged exposure, individuals may no longer have a response or their reaction may grow more severe.
If you suspect bed bug activity in your building, get professional assistance right away. Bed bug infestations are easiest to eradicate when discovered early on. But dealing with them on your own can be unproductive and costly. So upon finding rashes on your skin and bloodstain on your bedcovers, search for “bed bug services near me” right away.
An expert pest control professional can confirm the presence of bed bugs in your facility and offer the best treatment methods, which may include the following:
- Disposal or Laundry Of Infested Things: If a pest control specialist decides that the bed bug activity is restricted to a few items, they may be disposed of or dried in a high-temperature dryer.
- Fumigation and Heat Control: A qualified specialist may tailor fumigation or chamber heat treatment to eliminate bed bugs at all phases of development. A professional pest control manager can apply the treatment considerably more successfully than a do-it-yourself strategy since it treats the entire room at once. Bed bugs have a thermal death point, and exposing them to temperatures above 120 degrees Fahrenheit for a sustained length of time. Which kills the whole population of bed bug at all life stages (including eggs).
- Chemical Therapies: Several chemical treatments, including sprays, liquids, and dusts, can be utilised.
Hope this detailed article helps you fight off bed bugs and get rid of them once and for all. But if it doesn’t, make sure to contact a professional right away.
What kills bed bug instantly?
The answer is simple really. It’s heat. But you cannot conduct heat treatment on your own as you would need special tools for it.
What is the main cause of bed bugs?
Travelling and buying second-hand clothes or furniture is how your home gets infest with bed bugs.
At what temperature bed bug kills instantly?
Bed bugs and their eggs can be diminished at 122°F (50°C).