Is it that time of the year again, when you have to check classified ads and even call your friends trying to find the best apartment in West Island? If yes, then you already know this is not an easy task considering that you also have to find West Island movers to help you move.
There are many West Island apartments that will suit your needs but you must do the hard work to find the perfect fit. You have to narrow down to your preferred type of building, the neighborhood, the price that you’re willing to pay, and the mode of transit.
The Preferred West Island Neighborhood
You need to sit down, grab a pen and paper, and write down the neighborhood that you’re comfortable living in Best Services. You can look up the neighborhoods one by one on the internet or you can physically stroll to each one of them while noting the positives and negatives. This will help you narrow down to the neighborhood of your choice.
Don’t Worry About the Price Tag
Don’t start asking about rent from the beginning of your hunt for the best apartment in West Island, it’s good to take your time and get as many options as you can get. 5 Things to Look for in a Suitable Crypto ExchangeObviously, you should have a price in mind of how much you’re willing to pay but this shouldn’t be a bother at first.
Your Preferred Type of Building
Does building entice you? Are you the secluded type who prefers to stay in a building with fewer people? Or are you comfortable having like 40 families living in the same building as yourself?
Whichever you prefer, you have plenty of options in MovinGo
How long is it going to take to get from my apartment to my place of business? If I have a car, what parking options do I have? Can I walk to my place of work or do I have to take a bus or metro?
These are some of the questions that you ask yourself to narrow down to your preferred neighborhood and ultimately to find the best apartment on West Island.
How About the Bills
The fact is, there are buildings that charge more on electricity costs in West Island than others. You should not pay more on charges than you have to so keep an eye on this and you will find an apartment that you’re comfortable with.
When Do You Plan to Move?
The best time to move in Moving Companies Montreal, or any other place in Canada, is before July 1st. You will have to pay extra if you choose to move any time close to that date. A good idea is to plan your move between 1st to mid-June to avoid the activities involved as Canada Day approaches.
- The Tools You Need to Find an Apartment
- Kijiji – this a popular site and has many filters to help you find an apartment in West Island.
- Padmapper – This is a powerful tool that suggests an apartment based on your current location.
- Walks Score – this site has lots of options for finding good apartments.
- Realtor.ca – you can find a good apartment on this site but they’re usually pricier because you have to pay agent fees.
- Kangalou – this website allows users to find an apartment in the area they want to live in using its map-based search tool.
- Social Media – Face book groups are great options for finding great apartments but you have to act fast.
- What You Should Look for When Checking Out Your First Apartment
- How’s the hot water? Does it have enough pressure? Is the water tank shared?
- Does the kitchen have a range hood? You might not think it, but this is essential.
- Are the electrical outlets ideally located or do you have to buy extensions?
How to Find Best Movers ?
- What type of heating system does the building use? Is it gas, electricity, or other? Can you control the heating system in each room?
- Are there windows in every room? Especially the bedroom because it’s illegal not to have one. Are the windows in great condition?
- Is the place clean or unkempt? You’ll be surprised by the dirt you can find in some of these apartments.
- If you prefer natural light, is there enough of it coming through the windows? If this is what you prefer, try visiting the apartment on a sunny day.
- When you’re in the apartment, check the noise levels, and avoid apartments where you can hear noise coming from the neighbors.
- Ask the landlord or caretaker how far down you are on the waitlist and don’t waste your time if you’re way down the line.
- When talking with the landlord always be polite when asking these questions. These questions are crucial and will set you on the right path of finding the right apartment in West Island.
Choosing Your Mover
Assuming you have picked the right apartment and you have a set moving date, which moving company in West Island is going to help you relocate?
Choose the best West Island movers, Movingo, for the best moving services and charges.